Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, October 12, 2009

Easy Come Easy Go

You know, I'm embarrassed and a bit sad to say that I never had empty nest syndrome. After raising four kids, you'll even catch me proclaiming it from the rooftops every now and then. "NO EMPTY NEST SYNDROME HERE!" The kids' stress was always my stress and my stress was in turn David's stress. These days, the only syndrome going on in this neck of the desert is empty box syndrome. But, alas, the doorbell rang last week and there stood a little neighbor girl holding a tiny kitten and asked if we wanted it. It wasn't one of the usual wild Doha kittens roaming the pink villas. This one was actually tame and friendly. So, I told her to leave it and I would pass it by my husband when he returned from work. David, meet kitty. I knew the kitten had received the master's seal of approval when I found the litter box brought downstairs and put in the guest bathroom. The sad news is that the adoption did not go through. Apparently, little sis was quite distraught when she found that the kitten was gone from their backyard. Mom sent big sis right away to retrieve him. Oh, well. Easy come, easy go. We did, however, enjoy the one hour we spent with him. Can you tell?
And we were going to be such great Facebook buddies :(


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, & yes that is a spaghetti utensil. Just one of those Doha improvisations that we had to do before finding the real thing (as cheapy & crappy as it is!)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...