Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thumbs up for Biella!

We accidentally did something spontaneous yesterday. We were in City Center heading to the food court area to decide between Chili's and Applebees when Biella caught my eye. I always notice it, but it never really called my name, until yesterday, that is. David was agreeable and up the escalator we went and were quickly greeted by an array of personnel ready to please our sense of appetite. We took a window seat and decided quickly that in a few years the view will be quite nice when (if ever) the construction is completed. The interior was very bright and airy and architecturally soothing. Wow, I may have to start writing for Restaurants Monthly after that sentence! We were off to a good start when David asked if they had iced tea. Not only did they have it, it was actually brewed and not the usual canned that the "non American" restaurants offer. I ordered the home made spinach ravioli while David ordered the chicken breast with linguini pasta and mushroom tomato sauce. The food was fresh and more than palatable. Although, it wasn't the best we've ever had (that would be at Willi's in Ediger-Elier Germany), it was definitely the best that we've had in Doha. Keep in mind that we haven't had the privilege to taste Chef Patrizi's authentic Italian fare. Bottom line: It was definitely a "do over". Click on the menu and you can check out the entrees yourself, along with the prices.


Location: City Center Mall & The Mall
Food: Very Good
Freshness: Very Good
Cleanliness: Very Good
Atmosphere: Excellent
Service: Warm & welcoming
Prices: Reasonable
Overall impression: Very good

Total for both entrees, tea, water, bread basket, 10% service charge incl* = 139QR ($38)

Please feel free obligated to tip according to your service. Translation: cough up a nice tip for your waiter!

Thanks, Regina :)

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. Love the YouTube posting from Regina. It goes to show that all you need to exercise is to make it as fun as you can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. first day back at pluckers...made 160 and got offered a job at serranos...oh the life of kayla. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you've never eaten at biella, they have really good pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ate the one at "The Mall" with you not long after we moved here, but the one at City Center is so much nicer. I probably shared pizza with you then and you know, I'm not a pizza person. Plus, I've lowered my expectations in the last couple of years...ha!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...