Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, October 16, 2009

U-n-D-e-f-e-a-t-e-d!

I thought I better hurry up and get that term in before the next softball game tomorrow. Yeah, baby, we're undefeated. David and his CPChem coworkers put one in the win column this past Saturday. I must say the old man held his own and our ladies on the team strutted their stuff to secure the victory. I can't tell you what the score was, as I was socializing in the stands a bit more than I was paying attention to the game. I passed up a great photo opportunity as I let all that Doha sunshine pass me by while I was visiting in the stands, thus my action shots are a bit blurry.



Truly, my highlight during the whole softball thing was that "the Internet and the real world collided" this past weekend. That's Meredith's worldly quote, by the way. Who's Meredith? I thought you'd never ask. I don't really know her, had never met her...just someone I crossed paths with somehow on Twitter, which led me to start following her blog. I discovered last week while reading her thoughts that she regrettably had signed up to play for a softball league. I quickly pulled out the team rosters that David had emailed me and sure enough her name was listed. How cool was that? While visiting during the game, I heard her name called out which totally grabbed my full attention. There she was front and center as cute as Pollyanna. We met only briefly, as Meredith had to get her game face on. I had already figured out quickly after trading barbs on her blog comment section that this chicky is as competitive as myself. I look forward to our November 14th showdown. Beware, Mer!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTI!


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. Can we get some stats on dad?? Any hits any runs??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The official scorekeeper (dad) says he was 2 for 3. I did get a pic of him whiffing the ball, but didn't think he'd appreciate that one. He played 3rd with a 1st baseman that saved his hiney on a bad throw, but couldn't save him on the other. So, one error in the field. By the way, he wants you to note his perfect batting form. :) Hahahahahaha! (My laugh, not his.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, he's been out of the game for awhile it's understandable, but improvement IS expected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoutout, Sybil. I'm famous!! Looking forward to the 14th already

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...