Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Who's Looking After Us?

The doorbell rang this morning and it was my trusty housekeeper with a huge carpet in tow on his tricycle. He's decided that my villa issued carpet under my dining room table has seen better days. So, he has confiscated one from some other villa and deemed me the proud new owner. The only problem is that it's blue. I would never tell him no, so out with the old and in with the "almost" new. What's a little blue thrown in with my red and green (Christmas?) decor? I sneaked a pic of it while he ran to get his own vacuum because his "sucks" and mine doesn't. Those are my words, not his. He, of course, was much nicer about my piece of crap machine. Oops, no offense to my WONDERFUL ex neighbors Jim and Marg who graciously gave it to me upon their Doha exit, hi guys! It's just that some times quality here is not real competitive with the states when it comes to appliances that our stores choose to stock. Anyway, it's so nice to have our housekeeper looking out for our betterment. Life is good.

That's the smaller old carpet in the tricycle pic.



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...