Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The "Job"


I've been accused of being vague or mysterious, at the least about my work status. Yes, I have taken on a small job that gets me out of the villa a day or two a week. It's something I really enjoy, and I hope it works out for both employer and employee. Thus far, the most challenging force in my new endeavor is the traffic I face on my commute. You know, a missed roundabout here, a wrong turn there all because I'm fussing at the idiot drivers on the road. I wouldn't have it any other way. Back to the "job". I'm helping out at a photography studio run by my friend, Sherry. The idea of any of her photo genius rubbing off on me is really exciting. Did you know that you shouldn't cut anyone off at the joints in their photos?? Ha, I'm such the expert already. I laugh, but it's tiny things like that I just don't think about. She wasn't that impressed with my draft copy of a business card that I presented to her. Such a party pooper. My creativity was above and beyond the call of duty. Maybe my second draft will work. My very favorite part of working for her is lunch. Ooh, la, la. She can make the best tenderloin salad, broccoli soup, and panini in town. It doesn't hurt that she's married to a man that loves to cook, so I'm reaping the rewards. She definitely knows how to keep me coming back for more. So, there's your answer. Patrizi Photography is where I've been punching the clock these days.

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Finally . . . the beans are spilled. So glad you're working for Patrizi's. I've looked at her pics from time to time by way of your blog sidebar. She does fantastic work! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...