Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh!

if you normally mute me (shame on you!), turn up the volume for this one...

Strolling through Landmark last night, I eyed a furry creature that I've longed to take my picture with. It disappeared behind the swinging doors of Columbus Coffee, as I was screaming, "Hello Kitty, Hello Kitty, Come back!". Kitty didn't hear me, but fortunately a nice gentleman nearby asked me what the problem was. I put on my best pout and said that all I wanted was my picture with Kitty. He said, "No worries", and he then also disappeared behind the swinging doors. Ask and you shall receive. Hello Kitty made an encore appearance and posed with me for a mug shot. She is so photogenic.


Now, as I was trying to figure out how I could devote an entire post (times are hard) to this one photograph, I kept repeating Hello Kitty over and over in my mind. Suddenly this song from the 60's popped into my head. Yes, Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah. Then after listening to the words for the first time in years, I thought what a great song for expats in Doha. I mean, on first reflection this place could send you packing right away. But, if you sit back and give it a chance, it ain't quite so bad. In fact, it might even grow on you. So, Muddah and Faddah, I just want to let you know that I am enjoying Camp Granada. Don't send for me too soon!



thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. FYI "Hello Kitty" is celebrating her 35th birthday Sunday, November 1st. I think your pic is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I didn't realize that the Kitty and I were just nine days apart! Thanks for that newsflash, Regina :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...