Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tennis, and More Tennis

It was off to the Sony Ericsson Women's Tennis Championship Tournament last night here in Doha. The weather around here has been great, but Mother humidity decided to make an appearance and put a damper on the evening. It was almost unbearably hot. My hair looked straight out of the 80's by the time the tennis ended at 11:00pm. Yes, six full hours of nonstop tennis. I was exhausted. We're heading back out in just a little bit to watch the semi finals. It's down to Venus and Serena Williams from the U.S., along with Jelena Jankovic of Serbia and Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark. Ten minutes prior to the first match, I wondered where all the fans were as the stands were nearly empty. People slowly trickled in to eventually fill in the blanks. It was a great evening. Who says Doha has nothing to offer? Gotta get myself ready. I'm thinking hot pants and a halter top today. If I could get away with it, trust me, I would. Hmm, arrested in a Muslim country for indecent dress...that would definitely give me something to blog about. Later!

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...