Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Running "Bare"

I know a lot of you out there are thinking, this chick's got entirely too much time on her hands. Oh, trust me, it could be worse. Take my oldest, Shea, for example. Hanging out in the backwoods of Africa can make one's mind go in all directions. Besides critiquing and editing my posted errors on my blog and researching brewing his own beer for when he gets back to the land of the free, now he's going back to nature with his running habits. He's been researching the "Tarahumara Indians of Mexico" who run forty mile marathons barefoot. It seems that man was meant to run in his bare feet and the plethora of high tech shoes of today are not helping with all the ailments that can be caused by pounding the pavement. Ok, work with me, I'm paraphrasing tidbits of conversation from Shea. Now, I'm not saying that there is not truth in this theory, but where was this insatiable hunger for learning back in the days of high school and college? Well, Shea has shared his find with his brother Dustin, who decided to put this to the test and was off and out the door shoeless to take a neighborhood jog. Needless to say, running on asphalt in Austin, Texas with 100 degree temps can make you side track it to the grass rather quickly. Seriously, what was he thinking? How does the saying go? You can buy them books and send them to school...

Click play to enjoy the corresponding music!

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. HA. Love the five-toed shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....that reminds me of the rainbow-colored socks with toes that Fran used to have!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...