Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mini Pearl Update

Howwwwwwdy! Not that Minnie Pearl! I'm talking about Qatar's man made island, The Pearl. David and I took advantage of the mild temps (90's) this weekend and drove out there to see how it is progressing. I was surprised at how very few people were hanging out and strolling around. Certainly there aren't many things open yet, but just sitting out at one of the half dozen or so coffee shops that are open along the boardwalk makes for a pleasant afternoon. It will be even more pleasant when that advertised "Chocolate Bar" opens! The Pearl definitely has a ways to go on completion, but the progress is obvious. We spent most of our time deciding which of the yachts in the harbor would "suffice" for us. We settled for the one in the pic. Now, it's off to work (that four letter word) for me. Just kidding about the four letters, it's a nice diversion. Not from you guys...geez, y'all are so sensitive! Later.

Related posts about The Pearl


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Did I miss something? I keep seeing you mention "work." Did you take an assignment?

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...