Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Flu or Payback?

There's just something about your little girl sending you an email from 8000 miles away saying:

After a quick phone call to Kristi, I ascertain that she has chills, headache, congestion, sore throat, and body aches with which she awoke yesterday morning. Of course, it was Saturday and the school health center was closed. What to tell her? Heck I don't know. She decided she'd hang in there for awhile and play it by ear. I got a phone call from Kayla at 3:30 this morning letting me know that Kristi was feeling REALLY bad and that I should call her. Done, Now add throwing up to the list. For Kristi's peace of mind (and mine), Kayla took her to the emergency room. They started her on an IV right away because she was already dehydrated. After lab work, photo ops, and a couple of hours, the final outcome was a shot of steroids for her severely swollen throat, a prescription for antibiotics, and a pain killer. They didn't even test her for flu, be it swine or anything else. She was told that it shows negative a lot of times, anyway. Interesting. So how do they keep accurate flu stats? Nevertheless, pumped up with meds, all is good. So good that the girls stopped at IHOP on their way home from the ER. Are they celebrating the money I'm going to have to cough up for that hospital visit? Or, Kristi, is this payback for me telling you to tough it up in that high school soccer tournament where you limped the entire game, but I kept saying "play on"? Honey, how was I to know your leg was broken? Truce.

Attached to the IHOP pic from Kayla: Yeah, that is a patty melt and mashed potatoes and gravy (my, my, we are feeling better, and I'm really happy about that, but not so happy about all those people you are exposing to who knows what!)


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Kristi can eat like that after having flu symptoms. Ah, to be young. Glad she's better.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...