Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Syb Unplugged

the aftermath of the powering down...

It would be a grueling eight hours of "disconnection". So, exactly what would I do with no computer? Go to the gym and workout? Ok, that took a grand total of fifty minutes. Head to the pool and read? Sounded good, but after one full hour of calm and quiet, my adult a.d.d. was becoming unbearable. Headed back to the villa in hope that my man maid was finished cleaning. Perfect timing. He told me he was coming back later to iron David's shirts. Not no, but heck no. That'll give me something else to do. Wow, twenty more minutes used up. Flipped on Fox & Friends. Will those ACORN people ever stop aiding and abetting all those imitation "pimps and hos"? Enough of that. Time to break out that puzzle I bought a year ago. Fifteen minutes into it my body was already aching and my bent limbs stuck in place from sitting on the floor. What the heck? Am I really getting old older? Desperation set in. Called David. "Babe, I need you to come home early today. My computer is ready for that surgery you've been wanting to do. I know. You tried to get me to go the prevention route, but nooooo, I wanted to wait for it to die. Well, it's dang dead now. I need you to perform a miracle."

And as they say, "The rest is history".


thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. Workout, book and puzzle. Except for the ironing, I could enjoy that kind of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention the bon bons. Haha, the best part.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...