Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Another Peak into The Pearl




I just can't get enough of Qatar's in progress man made island, The Pearl. It's perfect for a beautiful, serene getaway on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I'm sure when it's complete, it will be anything but serene with all the hustle and bustle of the residents and shopkeepers. For now though, it's a great place to stop in and have a cup of coffee to watch the city literally being built before our eyes. Maybe one day I'll be able to post pics without all those cranes in the background. I guess that depends on how many YEARS we would have to stay in this country to get to that point. Let's just say, I don't think it will be in this lifetime.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Can't you photoshop (is that what it is called) those cranes out of the pics? lol

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...