Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

You Can't Do That!



As David and I were leaving TGI Fridays yesterday (on Friday not Tuesday), I encountered a list of rules posted outside Landmark Mall. Well I obviously broke rule #3 by taking this picture, but as I'm sure you've seen from past pictures in my blog, I had already broken this rule many times (unknowingly, of course). So, why stop now. I wondered how many of these rules were actually being enforced. What's funny is that the "no smoking" rule was captured being broken in front of the sign a couple of weeks ago at Columbus Coffee in Landmark. I tucked it away in my archives not knowing that I'd have a reason to pull it out. Then there's the skating rule. Well, that's another one you all know about, too. No inappropriate words...I found that one really amusing. I don't think I've ever heard any questionable language come from those strolling the mall, but then again, if it wasn't in English, I wouldn't have understood it. But I must say that I've heard on multiple occasions, if not routinely, song lyrics being played overhead in the stores that make my ears blush. The first time I encountered that, I thought surely I didn't just hear what I thought I did, but when it was repeated over and over it left no doubt. There's one song in particular that I would love to quote the words of, but it's definitely not repeatable to my general reading audience (except of course, my Aunt Marge...hey Aunt Marge!). Ok, if you're just too curious, CLICK HERE. Just remember, I warned you! The inappropriate dressing is a problem, as well. I wouldn't have blinked an eye back in the states, but living here I gasp when I see the way some of the expats dress. Being "winter" right now, it doesn't seem to be as much of a problem, although a full grown voluptuous woman wearing stretch tights with a t-shirt that doesn't cover her hiney is a bit overwhelming, if David might say so himself. We have a name for them, but of course, it's not repeatable. No problems with trash at the mall, unless you count the kids that we watched open up their new toy cars after leaving Carrefour and leaving a trail all the way to the mall exit. As for the pet situation, the management must be cracking the whip on that rule, as I can't say that I've ever encountered an animal in the mall. Perhaps a bird or two, but that would be it. So, please everyone, mind the rules! Well, all but the photography one, anyway.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...