Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Girls' Day Out




I was awakened by my 21 year old baby girl crawling in bed with me this morning. Apparently I was the last one to rise. I think the boys were up shortly after 1:00am. It doesn't help your jet lag clock readjust when you go to bed at 4:00pm. Eventually they'll get on schedule. Kayla, Kristi, and I headed out late this morning for some girl fun, aka shopping, while leaving the boys to get in a nap. Of course, to get out the door we had to promise them we'd come back and pick them up for lunch. We shopped, had a coffee, then shopped some more. Mostly window shopping, but fun just the same. How's the saying in this country go?..."Same, same, but different. We made good of our promise, called the boys to wake them and proceeded to the villa to collect them. Kayla made a quick dash in the house to feed the stray cats that were screaming at the door when we drove up. We were then off to Al Kalima Cafeteria, the new sandwich/juice stall around the corner from us. It has one table with four chairs, so I stood (Italian style). Everything was great except Ryan's vegetable club sandwich came equipped with chicken, which doesn't bode well with his vegetarian lifestyle. As it was, the egg fried rice at the Asian restaurant last night had chicken, as well. We reordered a fish sandwich for him and all was good. We all left fat and happy and discovered that the cats felt the same when we arrived back at home.

















thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. So have you taken over for the lady across the street that has been feeding the cats? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out to my mom. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...