Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is in the Air




It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and I'm not being facetious. The malls have put out Christmas trees, poinsettias, and displays to mark the season. Santa has even made appearances in a couple of the malls. The displays are drawing a lot of positive attention as you see passersby constantly stopping and taking pictures of them, locals included. Christmas music is being piped into the stores and coffee shops, and I catch myself singing along with all the carols out loud getting me all jazzed up for the season. I don't think it's intentional, but the temperatures inside the malls are even dipping to give more of the winter effect. Heck, it's even politically correct to say Merry Christmas in this country, as you can see it scrolled on store windows. Even though Muslims do not celebrate Christmas, they seem to be joining in the spirit of the season, as well. I was in line at Home Center the other day and a Qatari woman in front of me had a tally of $250 in Christmas decorations.It seems that Christmas abounds no matter where you are in the world, even in the Arab deserts. So from our desert to your little corner of the world (wherever that might be), I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...