Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Greetings on this Eve

Oh what a treat for me and my lady friends to run into Santa and friends at The Ritz Monday afternoon. It was fate. We arrived for tea without reservations to a lobby full of already dressed tables meaning that there was no room at the inn. But lo and behold there had just been a cancellation and the hostess promptly seated us. Hannah and Lucy had never had tea at The Ritz, so we milked every minute of it and before we knew it the minutes turned into three hours. As we begin to ask for our check, the waitress asks, "Aren't you staying for the carols?". We were then entertained by a choir of youngsters crooning a medley of holiday cheer. After wrapping up their concert with We Wish You a Merry Christmas, we heard a very healthy "HoHoHo" coming in from the distance. Could it be? Oh, yes indeed it was. The kids went crazy, jumping all over Santa as he made his way through the crowd. You know I couldn't let the moment get away. I grabbed a total stranger, handed her my camera and told her to snap my pic with the guest of honor. I just about had to tackle a few kids to get my turn. I justified that by knowing that I'm still a kid at heart myself. Christmas is alive and well in me and in Doha. MERRY CHRISTMAS!




thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Okay, this is soooo unfair. I bring my baby girl to the Ritz to have her picture taken with Santa, and oh no...he just left. Did you like pay him to make a special appearance so that you would have something to blog about??? lol Adorable picture, really. Maybe I will use PhotoShop to crop you out and import Kelsey! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Eve, girlfriend. You and Santa make a handsome pair!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Syb....I'm playing some reindeer games here. You were actually a little closer to Santa so you have an advantage, but I'm guessing a Filipino Santa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any other kind of Santa?? And by the way, I'm glad to know it wasn't new baby Kelsey that I ran over to get to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic with the Filipino Santa! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a Very Merry Tea-Time!! It sure was a true treat!! Lucy Garcia

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...