Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

They Have Arrived!




We collected the kids last night a little after 11:00pm Doha time and as I had predicted, Kayla on cue asked if we could open presents when we got home. Delay of gratification never was the kids' forte. So while the girls showered off the twenty two hour journey (at my insistence), Dustin and Ryan waited patiently. The unwrapping ensued, and as always I found it amazing how they can undo what took so many hours to prepare in so little time. That's Dustin showing off his new camera that didn't quite make it in time and the "magic carpet" that he's always wanted. After our Christmas gathering, the kids crashed into never never land and were up amazingly early considering their eight thousand mile, nine time zone crossing trip. Kristi was already up when I came downstairs and one by one they filed into the kitchen for breakfast. I thought I'd never be able to sit down to my eggs and muffin. After our late breakfast, everyone got ready and we were out the door for an afternoon stroll on the corniche. "See juice stall, must stop" is Dustin's mantra. He had just eaten a bowl of cereal, a bowl of pasta salad, and two paninis for breakfast and an hour later he had to refuel with a chicken sandwich and an avocado juice concoction. I'll never be able to keep up with him this week. We called it an early evening and stopped at the kids' request at Asian Traditional Restaurant for a late lunch or early dinner. I'm thinking early dinner now that the kids are all upstairs sleeping and it's 5:50pm. That wraps up our first day with the kids. We look forward to the week to come.









Ryan was jealous that it's not "legal" for him to hold Kayla's hand in this country, so he opted for Dustin's.


So happy together :)


thoughts

To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I know you and David are LOVING having your kids there. I was able to see Kristi and Kayla at midnight mass and it was great to see them! Enjoy the time!
    P.S. the picture of Ryan and Dustin holding "fingers" is great! hahaha....

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dustin's PINK camera. Hope the real one is that color. I didn't know that you couldn't hold hands in public. But it is ok for guys to hold hands? lol I hope you all have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHH! To be that young again! I know it wasn't THAT long ago for us, but most days is sure does FEEL like it is! Have a blast, Knox Family! And thanks for sharing it with us. FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO ANO NUEVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining our family adventures, ladies! Couples of the opposite sex that are NOT married are not to allowed to have physical interactions...make note of the article I emailed Kayla before she came for forewarning..."Kiss lands Pair in Court"

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...