Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Qatar's National Day


Qatar is celebrating its National Day today with a bit of fanfare which is no doubt going to be proved quite the understatement. Temporary structures along the corniche have been set up to accommodate this unprecedented event. I'm sure it will be a photographer's delight and this amateur will be sorry to miss it. As much as I'd love to see all the hoopla, I'm sure we'll avoid these congested areas at all costs. Parades, light shows, dancing waters, music, and a fireworks display to rival the one held for the opening of Dubai's Atlantis Hotel are on tap. Thousands of Qatari flags have been handed out and and are proudly displayed on vehicles everywhere. The Qatari people are very proud of their heritage and the tremendous progress that has transpired since the current Emir took on his roll. Congratulations on your day, Qatar. May your country, your people (and your expats!) continue to grow and prosper.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...