Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Doing Doha Town




I played tour guide to a friend's sister here in Doha yesterday. It was a tough task, because Lori had already done the camel thing, the souqs, City Center, Villagio,Tea at the Ritz and had a massage and pedicure at the Marriot to boot. My gosh, what was left to do? Well, Gina (the mother of the newly arrived Kelsey Marie) figured I could figure that part out. Well, let's see...had Lori ridden a wheelbarrow at the souqs? Had she been offered to be taken off to jail by Doha's finest while they were scanning her vehicle for bombs? Was she ever stopped by the Doha military for not one, but two processions of UN Diplomats? Had she encountered the Men in Black (gang of security detail guys infiltrating the Ritz)? Majlis style eating....I bet Lori hadn't done that, either. Pictures in front of the famous Doha Clam Shell? :) Oh, and how 'bout landing in the middle of a film crew at the Souqs and having her picture taken by them? Who would of ever known that we'd be able to unknowingly squeeze all these things in. Hence, the beauty of Doha. You never know what you will encounter. I couldn't have planned a day like that to save my life. And the unfortunate thing about it all was that I didn't have the car that day so we had to take Gina's Jeep for transportation. Buzzing around Doha in 72 degree with the top off is really the pits! Gina, do you have any more family that I can show around?











To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then enter text in box.

2 comments:

  1. You know we can work on a switch as my Jeep has become a bit impractical since the arrival of Miss Kelsey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet! Car seats & Jeeps just don't jive. David, however, is not in agreement with me in the aforementioned arrangement. He's such a party pooper.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...