Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Work Hard for My Tea


Anything to save a buck is my motto (well, sometimes anyway). It's the trade off for partaking of high tea at The Ritz every now and then. I bought a picture at our local Home Center last fall for a whopping QR19 ($5.22). I just wanted it for the frame and since it was a "best buy", I couldn't pass it up. Well, it stayed perched up on my china cabinet for so long that I actually started liking it. But now, since getting back from Italy, I have better plans for it. I've succeeded in dismantling it and breaking the glass while doing so. Next problem: I have to get the reprint to fit the frame. Of course being a standard size would make it way too easy. I drove down to Ali Bin Ali today to see my friend Jasper who's always patient with me while I tell him what size, what finish, what color, etc. After my thirty minute drive and parking a half a mile from the entrance, I discover that they aren't even open. Looks like Mr. Ali decided to join the rest of Doha and make 1:00PM to 4:00PM siesta time. This "let's shutdown all afternoon" mentality is really a thorn in my side. I can't help it if I can't get myself energized until early afternoon. So here my project sits waiting for completion.

Fast forward: Two weeks later

I paid another visit to Ali Bin Ali for my reprint and have been able to complete my project. I think the picture that I took of Michelangelo's Pieta in St Peter's Basilica has found a nice home in my bargain "flower" frame. Cost of the 13 x 18 print with foam backing, plus mat & frame: 79QR ($21.69). Tea, anyone?

A few of my other bargain frames that I ripped out their pics and put in my own...














Total=$6.75 ea

P.S. This song is dedicated to the one I love (I DO, TOO!)


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...