Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Oh Fresh Christmas Tree
Oh Fresh Christmas Tree!




Here I sit staring at my "fresh" Christmas tree in anticipation of the kids arrival. Yes, I did say fresh, as in REAL! After I decorated the villa with my lovely four foot fake tree from the Dream Store, I ran across the real deal while grocery shopping at Carrefour. I immediately rang David to see what he thought about my imminent purchase and of course he was agreeable as always with a "Whatever you want, dear". The florist loaded it in my basket and off I was to the checkout singing along with the Christmas carols that were being played overhead all the way. I got it home and found that David was not quite as agreeable as before, since now his services are required. The tree was absolutely gorgeous if you ignored the fact that it wouldn't stay upright in the tree stand. We loaded it up and took it back to Carrefour explaining to them that the trunk had a huge gash in it that kept it from standing. "No problem, Madame, we will deliver another one to your villa". They kept their word, and we proceeded to decorate our fresh tree with the newly purchased lights and ornaments from none other than the Dream Store, yet again. I sit here admiring my tree as David tiredly has to hear me say multiple times daily, "I LOVE my Christmas tree!" I hope the kiddos feel the same.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Enjoy your kiddos and have a wonderful Christmas!
    Love you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how much was the REAL THING???

    ReplyDelete
  3. 425QR ($117 for my stateside friends) By the way, I forgot to mention that Kayla thought the tree was pretty funky for a fake tree (not funky like cool, funky like "what was their problem when they made that tree?" It took a while to convince the kids that it was real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! You paid that much for the tree and they thought it was fake? I guess if you are their next Christmas it will be the fake one. lol

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...