Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Love & Food Will Keep Us Alive




I know you've been dying to hear about the latest eatery we've checked out. David and I are such creatures of habit. We find somewhere we like, then a particular item on the menu and there you have it. We don't venture too far. Two weekend nights equals TGI Friday's and Bennigan's (no bankruptcy problem in this country). If it's Bennigan's, we share a buffalo chicken sandwich and fries. I toss Dave the fries. Ok, I see I'm busted in the pic...so sometimes I keep a few. If it's TGI Friday's, we share buffalo chicken tacos and he tosses me a taco. Are you noting a pattern here? There's something in the mayo/Tabasco concoction at these two places that makes this sandwich and tacos addictive. We're trying to kick the habit, so while David was off for EID this week, we made ourselves try a new restaurant that recently opened on our end of town. We almost talked ourselves into ordering a little Turkish Star delivery instead, but fortunately we made the trip to the "Far East" which was actually just a little south of us. I played it safe with the sweet and sour chicken while David got some sort of green curry chicken. It was absolutely wonderful. The food was tasty and fresh, the atmosphere was cozy, and the service was great. It goes down as a keeper in our book. We are in agreement that we will definitely go back, after a few rotations of Fridays & Bennigan's, that is.


I was going to play a little Oriental music for the post, but thought about the music that was playing while we were eating. Eagles music wafted in the air the whole time...another plus :)

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...