Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Stop and Smell the Flowers




Things seem to
be calming down a bit, since there is no sign left that it ever even snowed in Texas. It was a nice reprieve from the desert life and made it seem just a bit more like Christmas over here. Even though it was you over there experiencing it, I had a temporary exodus from Doha and landed right in the middle of your snow storm via the Internet. Thanks for including me! While winter seems to be setting in for you guys, Doha is in full bloom right now. The fall flowers that were planted all around the city a little less than two months ago are peaking right now. You would never know that it's already mid December. So Southeast Texas, enjoy your memories of the snow, and for those of you that are used to it...keep on shoveling. For me, I'll have to settle for smelling the flowers, but I don't mind.









thoughts
To read comments, click on the post title at the top or on "Share Your Thoughts".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...