Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, December 22, 2008

This Site Has Been Blocked



The post's title are the words that I fear to wake up to one morning when signing in to record my day's reflections. The thought has crossed my mind every now and then, but I try not to dwell on it. When I posted the link to the questionable song lyrics the other day, I did get a little nervous. You see, freedom of speech and freedom of the press are a little more limited in this country. Heck, I hear that the kissing scene in the kid's animated movie, "Shrek" was censored. I'm not sure which category blogging falls under. There are times when I'm looking for a cartoon to go along with the day's post and it's not uncommon for the dreaded "blocked" logo to pop up. The site will seem innocent enough when I click on it, but for some reason the government here thinks differently. It's ok. This is where I live and their rules rule, if you know what I mean. I just hope if I ever post anything objectionable to the government here, they will look down on me with leniency and the Emir will step in and say, "The blog must go on!". Sorry folks, sometimes I just let my imagination get carried away.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...