Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, December 1, 2008

The Weather Ain't Over




Do not adjust your monitor... yes, another weather forecast. I know, no one really wants to hear about the weather, again, but I have to share. Our local newspaper reported this morning "Rain may lash Qatar on Tuesday". Lash? Is that the definition of "scattered clouds" that is listed under Tuesday in the report? The funny part is in an inset block in the article that houses a quote, and I quote: "Rain will impact the minimum temperature and the denizens of Doha will have to pull on some more woollen [sic] garments." More woolen garments."?? OMG, are you kidding me? Unfortunately not. We will see every Tom, Dick & Habib out there with a wool cap with ear flaps and a furry lined coat. Please note the forecast above. Low temps? Lashing rain? I think there might be just a hint of wishful thinking in the Tribune's article. I guess I should cut them some slack. After all 60 degrees Fahrenheit in Doha is what we'd call a Blue Norther in Texas. Bundle up peeps...it's a comin'!

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then enter text in box.

1 comment:

  1. You better go get a place in line to pick up your heater at Carrefour!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...